Makoto Fukami (深海 マコト Fukami Makoto) is one of Takeru's childhood friends who along with his sister disappeared into the Gamma's dimension and raised there 10 years ago, but they have both come back through unknown means. Following his return to the living world, Makoto gained both a Ghost Driver and a Ghost Eyecon that allows him to transform into Kamen Rider Specter (仮面ライダースペクター Kamen Raidā Supekutā) so he too can battle Gammas to collect the 15 heroic Eyecons. However, he is also after Ghost's own Eyecons and stops at nothing to steal them so he can have his own wish granted: to bring his sister's body back from the Gamma's dimension. He even aligns himself with Chikara Saionji and Alain to reach his goal, and fights Ghost and the Gammas to get the missing Eyecons. However, Saionji is merely using him to collect the Eyecons for him, and when all 15 are gathered, and Kanon is kidnapped by Saionji and the Green Dragon Blade Gamma, forcing Makoto to do his bidding. Takeru confronts him and promises that he will save Makoto's sister, breaking the other man's cold exterior to realize despite everything, Takeru still considers him a friend. After Kanon is saved, Makoto promises to help Takeru find the Eyecons once more so he can return to life. Makoto plans to return to the Gamma World on his own, feeling that he has unfinished business within it, and leaves Kanon in the care of his friends. However, while fighting the Knife Gamma, he is attacked by Alain who then uses his Necrom Eyecon in Makoto's Ghost Driver, making him his brainwashed servant. After apparently killing the Art Supplies Gamma, Makoto manages to break free from the spell with the help of Kanon, Takeru, and the spirits of Tutankhamun, Nobunaga, and Houdini. It is revealed that Makoto's soul was removed from his original human body, which is kept by Igor in his lab, and transferred into a Gamma body. As a result, Makoto can freely travel between the human and Gamma worlds. During his return to the Gamma World to get his body back, he visits Alia, thanking her for raising him and Kanon, but she tells him that Alain has been framed by Adel for killing Adonis. After entrusting his Machine Hoodie, heroic Eyecons and Alain to his friends, Makoto apparently lets himself be killed by Javel. However, this is all a plan to get his real body back. After his Gamma Eyecon body is destroyed, he wakes up in a stasis capsule and retrieves his Specter Eyecon from Edith's Eyecon storage before returning to the human world. Edith also gives him the Deep Specter Eyecon, but warns him to be wary of its dangerous powers. He eventually manages to catch up with Takeru and Alain, where Takeru informs Makoto that Alain has become inconsolable after he witnessed Adel kill Adonis. Makoto snaps Alain out of it by punching him in the face before telling him that he still has his father's good will to carry on. Sometime later, he faces off against a dopplegänger of himself who presumably works under Adel's servitude. Almost an entire army of dopplegängers were created as a side effect using the Deep Specter Eyecon. These clones all appear in Specter Damashii, but were almost as strong as Deep Specter. Despite easily killing them, he suffered a fatal chest pain from each clone's destruction. During a body switch incident between detective Shinichirō Natsume and his teenage daughter Mayu Natsume that was caused by Gammiser Magnetic Blade, Makoto is reminded of the way Mayu hates her father the same way he hated his long-lost biological father Daigo for not caring about him and Kanon ever since their mother died, which is the reason why Makoto looked up to Takeru's father Ryū as more of a father figure than Daigo. In Kamen Rider Ghost the Movie: The 100 Eyecons and Ghost's Fated Moment, he finally found his father, Daigo to settle their conflicts. Though he beat his father, proven to him that Makoto has now grown stronger, their battle is interrupted by the appearance of Dark Ghost who takes the Darwin Eyecon from Daigo. He soon reconcile with his father, once he is explained by him his reasons to leave him and Kanon under Daitenkū-ji's care ever since his mother died, and soon finds out how his father died as a human by a sword wielding Gamma Ultima. Makoto's doppelgänger obtains not only the Deep Specter Eyecon, but also Makoto's primary civilian outfit from the Gammisers due to Makoto having too much usages of said Eyecon. As he and his doppelgänger fight each other as Deep Specters, making his allies and his sister, confused which one is the real Makoto decide to "surrender" and "leave", leaving his allies and his sister fall under his doppelgänger's manipulation, in which reality decide to stay in the shadow to spy his doppelgänger's action, in case he finally made his move to kill Makoto's allies and his sister. As Makoto's doppelgänger has his personality becomes the same as the original Makoto, the doppelgänger sacrifice his life to merge with the original Makoto into one person, after the original Makoto was close to death on saving Takeru from Pefect Gammiser's fatal attack. However, unaware to everyone, even the real Makoto, they are too late to realize that his doppelgänger's Deep Specter Eyecon, in which Gammisers created contains backup copies of them, eventually possess the Great Eye and uses Freya as the main body, thus finally evolving into a figure called the Great Eyeser, until Ghost defeats the monster for good and frees the Great Eye.
Specter's primary form is accessed from a Ghost Eyecon which contains one half of a soul with the same name where he is granted the power of superhuman speed. Like Ghost, his finishing move is a Rider Kick known as the Omega Drive. Specter's main weapon is the Gan Gun Hand (ガンガンハンド Gan Gan Hando), which like Ghost's Gan Gun Saber takes on different modes depending on which Damashii form he assumes. Its default Rod Mode's finishing move is the Omega Smash (オメガスマッシュ Omega Sumasshu). His motorcycle is a Honda CBR650F called the Machine Hoodie (マシンフーディー Mashin Fūdī). Like Ghost, Specter has multiple "Damashii" forms he can assume by means of a different Eyecon he inserts into the Ghost Driver:
- Nobunaga Damashii (ノブナガ魂) empowers Specter with the spirit of the Japanese warlord where he gains increased shooting accuracy. In this form, he wields the Gan Gun Hand in Gun Mode which allows him to perform the Omega Spark (オメガスパーク Omega Supāku) finishing move. This form's Omega Drive charges energy into Specter's foot before he strikes the enemy with a Rider Kick. While trying to free Makoto from Alain's brainwashing, Nobunaga brings Takeru into his Eyecon's world to speak on behalf of Makoto's heroic Eyecons about offering him their assistance. This form is also used by Dark Necrom Y in the film Kamen Rider Ghost the Movie: The 100 Eyecons and Ghost's Fated Moment. In his original human body, Nobunaga is portrayed by Kenji Takechi (武智 健二 Takechi Kenji).
- Deep Specter Nobunaga Damashii (ディープスペクターノブナガ魂 Dīpu Supekutā Nobunaga Damashii) is an evolved version of Nobunaga Damashii using the Deep Specter Transient. In this form, Deep Specter wields the Deep Slasher in Blaster Mode which allows him to perform the Giga Omega Dama (ギガオメガダマ, Giga Omega Orb) finishing move if he loads the Specter and Deep Specter Eyecons into it.
- Tutankhamun Damashii (ツタンカーメン魂 Tsutankāmen Damashii) empowers Specter with the spirit of the Egyptian youth king where he gains increased slashing accuracy. In this form, he wields the Gan Gun Hand in Scythe Mode after combining with the Cobra Keitai (コブラケータイ Kobura Kētai)[h] which allows him to perform the Omega Fang (オメガファング Omega Fangu) finishing move. Tutankhanum is able to reverse any age changes caused by Gammiser Time back to normal. During Gammiser Time's attack where it turned adults into children, Tutankhamun brings Takeru into his Eyecon's world to reminisce about his death at a young age before giving into Ghost Grateful Damashii's cooperation out of pity for the victims.
- Deep Specter Tutankhamun Damashii (ディープスペクターツタンカーメン魂 Dīpu Supekutā Tsutankāmen Damashii) is an evolved version of Tutankhamun Damashii using the Deep Specter Transient. In this form, Deep Specter wields the Deep Slasher in Sword Mode which allows him to perform the Giga Omega Giri (ギガオメガギリ, Giga Omega Slash) finishing move if he loads the Specter and Deep Specter Eyecons into it.
- Houdini Damashii (フーディーニ魂 Fūdīni Damashii) empowers Specter with the spirit of the American escape artist where besides gaining the ability to escape any dead ends easily, he can combine with the Machine Hoodie, which has this form's Hoodie Ghost soul sealed inside the bike instead of its Eyecon like all the others, and transform it into a Flight Unit (飛行ユニット Hikō Yunitto) that allows him to both fly and manifest chains. The Flight Unit can also activate its Glider Mode (グライダーモード Guraidā Mōdo) by detaching from its Hoodie Ghost to act as either an auto pilot to back up Specter or a flying hover board. This form's Omega Drive has Specter bind the enemy in place with chains via the Flight Unit before he strikes them with a spinning Rider Kick. This Eyecon temporarily possesses a high school girl named Yuki Shirai (白井 ユキ Shirai Yuki). In his original human body, Houdini is portrayed by Jeremy Eaton (ジャーミー・イートン Jāmī Īton).
- Toucon Houdini Damashii (闘魂フーディーニ魂 Tōkon Fūdīni Damashii) is an evolved version of Houdini Damashii using the Toucon Boost Transient. Ghost assumes this form once while temporarily in possession of Makoto's heroic Eyecons.
With the Deep Specter Eyecon, Makoto can transform into Kamen Rider Deep Specter (仮面ライダーディープスペクター Kamen Raidā Dīpu Supekutā). Having similar powers to Ghost's Toucon Boost Damashii, such as being able to transform into stronger versions of any heroic Damashii, this form comes with its own version of the Sunglasseslasher called the Deep Slasher (ディープスラッシャー Dīpu Surassha) which can also switch between Sword Mode and Blaster Mode. Like the Sunglasseslasher, the Deep Slasher can hold two Eyecons for Deep Specter to perform one of two finishing moves: the Omega Giri (オメガギリ, Omega Slash) in its Sword Mode or the Omega Dama (オメガダマ, Omega Orb) in its Blaster Mode. Deep Specter's ultimate attack is the Giga Omega Drive (ギガオメガドライブ Giga Omega Doraibu), which has two variations for him to use: a flame-powered Rider Kick/Punch or an energized slash/shot with the Deep Slasher. Unlike Toucon Boost Damashii, this form allows Deep Specter to activate a special ability called Gekikou Mode (ゲキコウモード Gekikō Mōdo, Enraged Mode) where he gains a pair of wings for flight purposes. However, this form has a dangerous side effect of making its user uncontrollable. Only those who use its power for righteousness can overcome the Deep Specter Eyecon's control. Said Eyecon much like the Eyecon Driver G was created by Edith in the hopes of putting Takeru to his use, but reluctantly gives it to Makoto instead when the latter willingly takes the risk in place of Takeru. Unfortunately, as the Deep Specter Eyecon has portions somehow linked to the Gammisers, Adel has created multiple clones of Makoto in an attempt to lure him into fighting them to death so that Takeru would be powerless without his help. However, the Deep Specter Eyecon also being implanted to connect with Takeru's presence, should Takeru recently disappeared when his limit life on Earth is about to reach.
In Ghost Re:Birth: Kamen Rider Specter, Makoto obtain the Sin Specter Eyecon to transform into Kamen Rider Sin Specter (仮面ライダーシンスペクター Kamen Raidā Shin Supekutā), which equals Ghost's Mugen Damashii except the finishing moves are based on the seven deadly sins.
- Envy Slap (エンヴィースラップ Envi Surappu)
- Gluttony Bite (グラトニーバイト Guratonī Baito)
- Greed Slash (グリードスラッシュ Gurīdo Surasshu)
- Lust Bullet (ラストバレット Rasuto Baretto)
- Pride Fist (プライドフィスト Puraido Fisuto)
- Sloth Brave (スロウスブレイブ Surōsu Bureibu)
- Wrath Flame (ラースフレイム Rāsu Fureimu)
Specter can also use any of Ghost's Eyecons, having once stolen the Edison Eyecon to transform into his own version of Edison Damashii. After allying with Takeru, Makoto is free to borrow Ghost's Eyecons as he wishes. Later, when Alain (while using a Gamma Eyecon body) inserts his Necrom Eyecon into Makoto's Ghost Driver, it transforms Makoto into Kamen Rider Necrom Specter (仮面ライダーネクロムスペクター Kamen Raidā Nekuromu Supekutā), turning him into Alain's brainwashed servant. However, his sister's presence can break Alain's former Gamma mind control over him, though only temporarily.
Also like Kamen Rider Ghost, Kamen Rider Specter has forms that appear in side media and not in the canon of the TV series.
- Pythagoras Damashii (ピタゴラス魂 Pitagorasu Damashii) empowers Specter with the spirit of the Greek philosopher. This form is featured in the DVD special Kamen Rider Ghost: Ikkyu Intimacy! Awaken, My Quick Wit Power!! alongside Ghost Ikkyu Damashii. It is also used by Dark Ghost in the film Kamen Rider Ghost the Movie: The 100 Eyecons and Ghost's Fated Moment.
- Double Damashii (ダブル魂 Daburu Damashii) empowers Specter with the spirit of Kamen Rider Double where he gains increased air-powered kicking. In this form, he is armed with the Metal Shaft. This form's Omega Drive is a variation of Double's Rider Kick, the Joker Extreme. This form is featured in the short video series Kamen Rider Ghost: Legendary! Riders' Souls!, as well as in the film Kamen Rider 1.
- Fourze Damashii (フォーゼ魂 Fōze Damashii) empowers Specter with the spirit of Kamen Rider Fourze where he gains the ability to manifest any Fourze Module from the Astroswitches onto his limbs. This form's Omega Drive is a variation of Fourze's Rider Kick, the Rider Rocket Drill Kick. This form is featured in the short video series Kamen Rider Ghost: Legendary! Riders' Souls!, as well as in the film Kamen Rider 1.
- OOO Damashii (オーズ魂 Ōzu Damashii) empowers Specter with the spirit of Kamen Rider OOO where he gains the ability to manifest the Tora Claws on his arms, as well as increased vision and jumping. In this form, he is armed with the Medajaribur. This form's Omega Drive is a variation of OOO's Rider Kick, the Tatoba Kick. This form is featured in the short video series Kamen Rider Ghost: Legendary! Riders' Souls!, as well as in the film Kamen Rider 1.